Five of the best: pharma marketing
Aug 15 - admin
Not a day goes by when the thorny issue of pharmaceutical marketing isn’t in the news – we’ve been sifting through recent coverage to pick out some of the most useful pieces on the subject. Traditional methods such as rep visits and incentives are rapidly falling out of favour, as pharma brands embrace story telling, emotional engagement and digital methods instead.
1. Joining other markets including the USA and Europe, India is drawing up its first set of marketing rules for drugmakers, restricting gifts and incentives offered to doctors and pharmacists
2. The latest ePharma study shows that sales reps are offering redundant information 51% of the time when they visit doctors
3. It’s all about story-telling – some of the most engaging recent campaigns use emotional stories to captivate audiences
4. Pharma must rethink its engagement with doctors – McCann Health recently published their ‘Truth about Doctors’ study into the impacts of technology and social change on the medical profession
5. Marketing outside the box – PharmaTimes discusses digital transformation in pharma marketing